Guide for Out-of-Town Patients
Santa Barbara has been a vacation destination for decades. Just 100 miles north of Los Angeles, Santa Barbara is a coastal city with a deep history and rich traditions. You can find visitors any time of year strolling along red-bricked sidewalks on State Street or admiring the beautiful architecture of the Courthouse or the Santa Barbara Mission. Visitors also enjoy taking in many of the annual festivities (such as the International Film Festival or the Fiesta "Old Spanish Days" Celebration), whale watching, golfing, indulging in restaurants and cafes, or lounging somewhere along the long stretch of beach where many of the hotels are located.
With all that Santa Barbara has to offer, it is not surprising that there is a steady influx of patients from all over (especially Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area) who seek Santa Barbara as their "surgical destination" for their plastic surgery procedure. The out-of-town patients that have their surgery done at Cosmetic Surgery Center tend to stay in town post-operatively for a healthy recuperation period. Many bring along spouses, friends or family to help them through the initial recovery period and often extend their stay (before or after the surgery) so that they can enjoy the Santa Barbara area.
Our out-of-town patients are always inquiring about lodging, dining, attractions and more so we put together a guide for visitors to our city.
Santa Barbara Hotels:
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Lodge & Suites, 2220 Bath Street, Santa Barbara. Located two short blocks from Cosmetic Surgery Center, this full service hotel offers rooms and suites. 805.682.7277.
- CANARY HOTEL, 31 West Carrillo, Santa Barbara. Located in the downtown area, just off State Street, this hotel allows visitors to pop out the front door and be in the heart of the downtown area’s shopping and restaurants. 805.884.0300.
- FESS PARKER’S DOUBLETREE RESORT, 633 East Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara. A beachfront hotel with luxurious grounds located a half-mile from downtown. 805.564.4333.
- THE SIMPSON HOUSE INN, 121 East Arrellaga Street, Santa Barbara. The only five diamond bed-and-breakfast in North America is about a 5-minute walk from downtown, and offers guest rooms, suites, and cottages. The breakfast is prepared by a gourmet chef and there are is an evening wine tasting and hors d’oeuvres buffet. 805.963.7067.
- HARBOR VIEW INN, 28 West Cabrillo, Santa Barbara. This oceanfront boutique hotel offers guest rooms or suites across from Stearns Wharf. It is about a 5 to 10 minute walk from most shops and restaurants on State Street. 800.755.0222.
- There are many more hotels in the Santa Barbara area. For additional recommendations, please visit the Santa Barbara Conference & Visitors Bureau website.
Santa Barbara Dining:
Restaurants are aplenty in Santa Barbara and since people’s tastes and dietary standards vary, we often point people to the "Best of ..." dining lists:
- SantaBarbara.com’s Best of 2013 Restaurant Guide
- Santa Barbara Independent’s Reader’s Poll Awards 2014 "Best of Eating"
Santa Barbara Attractions:
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- Santa Barbara Courthouse and Sunken Gardens
- Santa Barbara Funk Zone Wineries
- Old Mission Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Santa Barbara Natural History Museum
- Santa Barbara Zoo
- El Presidio: Santa Barbara Historic Park
- Ganna Walska Lotusland
Attractions Just Outside the City of Santa Barbara:
- Santa Ynez Wine Country
- Chumash Casino Resort
- Circle Bar B Guest Ranch & Stables
- Solvang, the "Danish Capitol of America"
Whale Watching, Sunset Cruises, Dining Cruises.
- Santa Barbara Sailing Center - Double Dolphin
- Condor Express Cruises
- Santa Barbara Water Taxi
- Celebration Yacht Cruises
- Sunset Kidd
- SB International Film Festival
- Earth Day Festival
- Summer Solstice Celebration
- Fiesta: Old Spanish Days
Golf Courses in Santa Barbara:
General Information for Santa Barbara: