- Start your regimen now, even if your hands show no sign of aging! Once the signs of aging starts, it will happen fast, and you may be too late.
- Protect them from the sun. Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen daily and don’t forget to reapply. Hand washing and hand sanitizers will make the sunscreen less effective. Choose a sunscreen that provides a physical block – look for ingredients such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Wear gloves when driving, especially if going long distances and/or in intense sun.
- Keep your mitts moisturized! Use a thick hand cream at night to replace lost moisture. Minimize contact with water by using gloves when washing dishes and replace some hand washing with hand sanitizer. For extra dry skin, treat yourself to a paraffin wax treatment (often accompanied with a manicure or with an Evolutions’ Signature Facial!).
- Ask for advice. If you see the beginning of thinning skin or hyper pigmentation, ask a professional about special creams such as tretinoin (also known as Retin-A) that may help boost collagen production and address brown spots. There are also physician grade products for the face that could be used on the hands as well.
Santa Barbara cosmetic surgeon Dr. Perkins is performing clinical studies and looking for study subjects. In return for your assistance, the people chosen will receive 25% off Dr. Perkins’ fee at Cosmetic Surgery Center Santa Barbara on the following cosmetic surgery procedures:
- Facelift: A facelift mainly addresses skin laxity in the cheek and neck. It will reposition, refine, and support deep tissues like the midfacial fat pad and the jowl as well as tighten the skin. A Santa Barbara facelift end result is a rejuvenated, rested, and non-operated appearance.
- Fat Grafting: During the aging process hands experience loss of fat volume. Cosmetic surgery of the hands (fat grafting) will add volume and can take many years off a person’s hands.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a way of removing/contouring the fat beneath the skin to re-shape a body area through a small incision. Most Santa Barbara liposuction procedures performed by Dr. Perkins can be done comfortably using local anesthesia plus sedation, which means no general anesthesia. Areas most commonly treated by liposuction include the abdomen/chest/flanks, hips, thighs, neck and arms.
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job): Dr. Perkins can change the external shape of your nose through rhinoplasty by altering the bone, cartilage, and soft tissue underneath the skin allowing for a more ideal relationship among the parts.
Limit of 2 patients will be selected for each procedure. All cosmetic procedures performed by Dr. Perkins in his Santa Barbara cosmetic surgery center. Book a consultation with Dr. Perkins by calling the Santa Barbara Cosmetic Surgery Center at 805.563.0000.
2323 De La Vina Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93105