Cosmetic procedures and plastic surgery will continue to rise in 2019, however, the days of getting over-exaggerated plastic surgery (overfilled lips, disproportionate breasts) are on their way out. The future of plastic surgery and non-invasive cosmetic procedures (i.e. dermal fillers, Botox, lasers) is trending towards enhancing what a person already has and making slight tweaks so they look more refined “naturally” while still staying true to their inherited features.
Here is what we expect to see in 2019 on the cosmetic and plastic surgery front.
Minimally-Invasive Treatments for Preventative Measures or Refinement
More people will seek Minimally-Invasive (MI) cosmetic surgery including those who want to delay a larger plastic surgery or those who want to “maintain” the benefit of a previous surgery. MI surgery is ideal because it can give a noticeable improvement with less cost and less “downtime”. In fact, one MI procedure can often be much less of an expense than multiple medical spa treatments. MI surgery can treat many facial areas, the area under the chin, and hand/body contour defects. Here is a brief description of MI procedures that we do:
- A Temporal Lift elevates the outer half of the brow and improves crow’s feet.
- An MI Cheek Lift tightens tissue with a small amount of skin excision to replace lost volume to the cheek area. Volume can also be added to the mid-face, nasolabial folds, and pre-jowel area through injections of your own fat (taken from a place where you want to have less of a fat bulge).
- Lower Eyelids can be treated by removing a small “pinch” of excess skin with fat removal from inside the lower lid (so there are no sutures or external scars).
- Add Facial Volume via fat grafting. Fat can be places in the brows, temporal hollows, under the frown lines, deep circles around the eyes, apples of the cheeks, cheekbone region, groove between the nose and the corner of the mouth, lips, pre-jowel area (marionette lines), and the jawline.
- Hand Rejuvenation can be done by fat transplantation to replace volume loss in the back of the hands. Additionally pigment spots can be treated with lasers.
- A Submentoplasty is less extensive than a neck lift and is especially good for men who are starting to see a “turkey neck”.
Injectable Cosmetic Procedures to Stay on the Rise
Injectables (Botox, Dysport, or dermal fillers like Restylane) will stay on the rise because of the accessibility and the affordability of these treatments. They are also appealing because most results are instantaneous with little to no downtime. A dermal filler procedure can easily be done on an extended lunch hour. We are also seeing a younger audience turn to injectables for enhancements to help them look their best in their close-up “selfie” photos they post on social media.
Body Contouring Will Continue to Be Popular
There are many non-invasive body contouring procedures that have been introduced over the past few years including freezing fat or melting it off for fat reduction in a targeted area. People are drawn to these treatments because they do not involve surgery and have less of a downtime for recovery. Most of these treatments claim up to 20% reduction – this is optimal and may take more than 1 treatment to achieve. They may improve contours but results may be minimal and not noticeable to other people. Multiple treatments may actually cost more than one liposuction treatment for the same area. At the Cosmetic Surgery Center, we offer liposuction to improve body contours and proportion. Liposuction results are guaranteed and skin excision can take place at the same time, if necessary. People no longer need to go under general anesthesia for liposuction as it can be done comfortably using a combination of local anesthesia, oral and intravenous sedation. If you are looking for a dramatic result in one treatment, liposuction is a good choice.
We Can Help You Look Your Best in 2019 and Beyond
At the Cosmetic Surgery Center in Santa Barbara, CA, we have always been committed to giving our patients results that look natural and non-operated. Whether you want to restore your figure or see a more youthful reflection in the mirror, we are here to help you look your best.
Call us at (805) 563-0000 to schedule a consultation.