Eyes are often the first thing people notice. They convey so much without a word being spoken.
Unfortunately, aging, stress, smoking, excess drinking and/or sun damage can dramatically affect the delicate skin around the eye area resulting in sagging skin, fat bulges, hooded eyelids, fine lines, wrinkles, and/or bags. When any (or many) of these symptoms arise, a person may appear tired, unhappy or unapproachable when they are not.
Fortunately we can restore the appearance around the eyes with blepharoplasty – the medical term for eyelid enhancement surgery.
Here are your options for eyelid surgery in Santa Barbara.
Upper Eyelid Surgery addresses:
- Excess or overhanging upper eyelid skin
- Inner corner fat bulges
Facts About Upper Eyelid Surgery:
- Incisions are made in the natural creases of the eye and are well hidden when healed.
- A conservative approach is generally better to avoid looking “operated”. Especially for men, too much visible lid gives a feminine appearance.
Lower Eyelid Surgery addresses:
- Dark circles
- Fat bulges
- Skin laxity under the eyes
Facts About Lower Eyelid Surgery:
- For those who have fat bulges but little excess skin, incisions are made on the inside of the lower lid. Fat is removed and sutures are usually not required.
General Facts About Eyelid Surgery
- General anesthesia is not need for eyelid surgery.
- We can perform the surgery under local anesthesia combined with oral sedation alone or together with IV sedation.
- Pain is usually minimal and easily controlled with Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
- Most people take one week off work for recovery.
At the Cosmetic Surgery Center in Santa Barbara, our goal is to give you natural looking rejuvenation so other people will notice that you look well-rested but will most likely not guess that you have had something done.
View some of our before and after eyelid surgery photos here.