Do you have a fat bulge on your body that is resistant to diet and exercise?
If so, you are not alone. Many women and men have problem areas that they cannot reduce and that is when they look to a cosmetic surgeon for help.
Lately we have seen ads for very enticing non-invasive body contouring options, however liposuction remains the most reliable and quickest way to significantly improve contour issues on any part of the body. Liposuction is a “one and done” treatment and if there is excess skin, it can be removed at the same time.
At Cosmetic Surgery Center in Santa Barbara, we offer liposuction for many parts of the body:
- Arms: The most common concern is the upper arm area (above the elbow) where fat and excess skin can result in a “bat wing” appearance. Fat can be removed through liposuction and if skin removal is needed, the scar is placed on the inside of the arm (against the body) so it is not visible from the front or back.
- Abdomen: Bulges in the abdomen area can be treated with liposuction. Incisions are hidden in the navel, pubic hair, or under the bikini line. If skin removal is needed, often a “mini tummy tuck” is sufficient.
- Legs and Thighs: Inner and outer (saddlebag area) thighs can almost always be treated with liposuction. The overall goal is to decrease bulk with a smooth end result.
- Knees, Calves, and Ankles: These areas should only be done by experienced surgeons as fat removal needs to be precise and conservative while leaving a normal appearing shape that blends naturally into surrounding contours. Over-treatment can be difficult to correct.
Many people are surprised to find out the following facts about liposuction when done in our Santa Barbara cosmetic surgery practice:
- General anesthesia is not needed; Oral and IV sedation plus dilute local anesthesia allows us to comfortably perform the procedure.
- Incisions are small (less than 1/4 inch) and are placed in “hidden” locations.
- A blunt cannula is used to selectively remove fat without injuring other tissues.
- Post-operative pain is usually minor (and controlled with Tylenol or ibuprofen).
- Light physical activity can be resumed a few days after treatment.
Is liposuction the right choice for you?
If you have a larger amount of fat, are looking for a dramatic change, or just want to do 1 treatment and be done, then liposuction is a great choice.
See before and after liposuction photos performed at our Cosmetic Surgery Center in Santa Barbara, CA.
Schedule a consultation to talk about your liposuction options by calling our office – 805-563-0000.