Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Procedures Up in 2011
While our economy may still be shaky, cosmetic surgery and minimally invasive medical spa procedures (such as Botox, Dysport, and chemical peels) remain solid amongst consumers. In fact, cosmetic procedures are experiencing an upswing, with a 5 percent increase in procedures performed in 2011 from 2010, for a second year in a row, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. A staggering 13.8 million cosmetic procedures, both surgical and minimally invasive included, were performed in 2011. The most popular cosmetic surgery procedures were:
- Breast Augmentation: 307,000 procedures
- Nose Surgery / Rhinoplasty: 244,000 noses re-shaped
- Liposuction: 205,000 body contouring procedures done
- Eyelid Surgery: 196,000 performed
- Facelifts: 119,000 faces rejuvenated (and this is a 5 percent increase for the first time since 2004)
- Botox and Dysport: 5.7 million procedures
- Dermal Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, etc.,): 1.9 million procedures
- Chemical Peels: 1.1 million
- Laser Hair Removal: 1.1 million
If you have been considering cosmetic surgery, Botox, Dysport, or dermal fillers, but are unsure of what the final “result” will be, you can rest-assured that a surgery by Dr. Perkins or a medical spa service at Evolutions will leave you looking well-rested and not well “done”!
Contact Evolutions Medical Spa at 805.687.0212.
The post Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Procedures Up in 2011 appeared first on .