The latest news on plastic surgery is that in 2010 it was on the rise, with men! According to a recent Press Release on The American Society of Plastic Surgeons website, cosmetic surgery rose “2 percent in 2010 compared to 2009”. Two percent may sound like a small figure, until you read that 1.1 million men had minimally invasive and aesthetic surgical procedures done in 2010. Among those 1.1 million procedures, facelifts rose by 14 percent and liposuction increased by 7 percent. Top ten cosmetic procedures that saw an increase in 2010 were:
- Facelift (14 percent increase)
- Ear surgery (Otoplasty) (11 percent increase)
- Soft tissue dermal fillers (10 percent increase)
- Botulinum toxin Type A (Cosmetic Botox) (9 percent increase)
- Liposuction (7 percent increase)
- Breast reduction in men (6 percent increase)
- Eyelid surgery (4 percent increase)
- Dermabrasion (4 percent increase)
- Laser hair removal (4 percent increase)
- Laser treatment of leg veins (4 percent increase)
Santa Barbara cosmetic surgeon Dr. Terry Perkins has treated men and women over the years and is not surprised to see a rise in the number of men seeking cosmetic enhancements. With men and women living longer, more robust lives, Dr. Perkins understands that people want to look how they feel on the inside – vibrant and youthful. One of Dr. Perkins’ plastic surgical specialities is facial rejuvenation. Dr. Perkins’ goal is not about constructing a new face, instead he aims to give the person a natural, non-operated, restful look. Facial rejuvenation can vary, dependent upon what the person wants to address:
- Facelifts mainly address skin laxity in the cheek and neck
- Eye lid surgery (eye lifts) correct sagging skin and bulges around the eye area that often gives people an unhappy or tired appearance
- Forehead lifts (or brow lifts) reposition the forehead and brow upward which helps to open up the eyes
- Neck lifts re-contours the neck and chin area, helping to re-define facial features that have softened due to the extra skin and fat accumulation (often this surgery alone makes people look like they have lost weight)
- Lip enhancement, which can be done with a fat graft or implant (and also on a more temporary basis with dermal fillers), adds volume and fullness
Dr. Perkins also performs body contouring through liposuction which can also be done in conjunction with skin removal (for those who have lost a significant amount of weight and are left with excess skin). Evolutions Medical Spa, a medical spa in Santa Barbara that is founded by Dr. Perkins, does non-invasive enhancements such as the anti-wrinkle treatments of Botox and Dysport as well as dermal fillers that temporarily add volume to the face by filling in lines and wrinkles. Evolutions’ newest treatment that may appeal to men (although it is for both men and women) is Laser Hair Restoration – a non-surgical hair restoration process that can stop hair loss and re-grow hair.
Let Dr. Perkins help you – men and women – look your best! For more information on Santa Barbara plastic surgery procedures, schedule a consultation with Dr. Perkins at his Cosmetic Surgery Center Santa Barbara near Cottage Hospital: 805-563-0000. For more information about non-invasive aesthetic procedures, call Evolutions Medical Spa Santa Barbara at 805-687-0212 or fill out this form to request a complimentary consultation.
The post Male Plastic Surgery – FaceLifts, Liposuction – On The Rise appeared first on .