The delicate skin around the eyes can be one of the first places to show age. Preventative care (such as daily use of eye cream, sunscreen, and large sunglasses) can help to a certain degree but there comes a day when serums and creams are not enough.
How do you know when it is time to start thinking about eyelid lift surgery?
Generally speaking, most patients start looking into eyelid lift surgery when:
- The eyelids start to look heavy or are overhanging
- A person’s vision is becoming occluded
- Bags and/or dark circles under the eyes do not go away
- Applying eyeshadow makeup is difficult to do
It depends on the person, their genetics, and their skin type (thinner skin tends to age faster). I have performed eyelid lift surgery in Santa Barbara on people in their 30s and beyond. While most patients tend to be in their 40s and 50s, eyelid lift surgery can be done well into the 80s (provided the person’s health is in good order) with a nice result.
- Upper eyelid surgery addresses the excess/overhanging upper eyelid skin as well as the inner corner fat bulges.
- Lower eyelid surgery addresses under eye dark circles, fat bulges, and skin laxity.
The post Eyelid Lift in Santa Barbara appeared first on .